Key to success?

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Tutor vs life coach

I has been a few days now....so much action! Well the website is up and running (looks terrible still but it is there), I’m listed in Google maps, on twitter and have a work blog. With all this action I should become more visible, but visibility seems to be my main problem....I’m working on it but tips are welcome / needed. Another milestone is introducing structure into one of my students’ lives. A young boy I teach would spend hours on homework and always produce substandard results. I suggested that his parents give him two hours only on homework a night, one for me and one for school. It has worked a dream, even though he has less time to so it in he focuses more because he knows there is a deadline. There have not only been improvements in my homework but in school work also. You see sometimes being a tutor is less about teaching and more about life coaching....setting good systems in place. Now I have to see if I can roll this system out with my more troublesome teenagers!

No comments: