Key to success?

Monday 8 March 2010

Fundamentally flawed

Well....what a weekend of disaster. Didn’t paint my teaching room....saw a rubbish movie (see other page soon to follow)....and fought with my boyfriend just because we were a bit grumpy! But, all the furniture got bought for the teaching room except for the laptop workstation that was out of stock – so at least something was accomplished. Teaching this weekend was good....my GCSE maths student is coming on leaps and bounds. It is lovely to take someone and completely turn them around, but the thing is I sometimes wonder if I’m a fraud. I’m a firm believer in self teaching (with assistance) to help cement ideas and concepts, and to give a certain amount of pride in what has been accomplished. If my students just knuckled down they would probably do just as well...does that make me a bad tutor? Please discuss my flaws in depth!

No comments: